Do you remember you pour your heart in your spiral round notebook after school when you are a kids? Then, we grew up, so overwhelmed with daily life busy for a living and stopped journaling.
If you have not journaled in a while, here are some incredible journaling benefits that will inspire you.
1. Journaling reduces your anxiety and depression.
It gives you an opportunity to get all of your emotions to release on paper, reducing your stress and releasing tension.
Journaling helps you to prioritize your fears and concerns. Writing a journal can help you to identify what is causing your stress or anxiety, once you find out what is the root of causes, you can work on it and reduce your stress.
2. Journaling improves your mood.
Keep track of your mood and better monitoring what triggered you. Avoid those triggers to make you happier. You can also use mood tracker to indicate your sentiment level. You can see an example: https://bprintable.com/shop/mood-tracker/
3. Journaling moves you towards your goals.
By writing down your goals and dreams, you can monitor your progress and feel motivated to focus on your targets. Studies also show that ones will be more successful in achieving their goals by writing them down or share to friends.
4. Journaling boost creativity.
Writing a journal is a way to discover your creativity. We often limit by rules and regulations but in journal there is no right or wrong, you write or draw what comes into your mind, let your imagination run wild and free.
5. Improve your writing skill, including spelling, grammar, and sentence structure. Boost memory.
Journaling is good for student too. It allows you to practice your writing skill and also boost your memory. The more you write, the better your writing.
Our brain tends to remember better when you write it down. You brain will have a stronger connection with the information you have written down on a paper, making it easier for you to recall in the future.
6. It boosts your sense of gratitude
Developing gratitude is an effective tool to help you in achieving your goals and improving quality of life. There are many ways to show your gratitude but through writing it can bring out most of the general benefits of of increasing gratitude:
- Reduce symptoms of depression
- Increase well-being, encourage exercise, improve physical health
- Making you more motivated to move towards your goals
TIPS TO GET YOU STARTED:
- Try to write everyday
- You can write or draw it
- Write anything that comes to your mind.
- Write on a pretty notebook/planner
- Start easy with journal prompts as guidelines or ideas what you should write. You can get one here: https://bprintable.com/shop/journal-prompts/
Get yourself a planner you love: https://bprintable.com/product-category/printables/digital-planner-journal-calendar/